Saturday, February 14, 2009

Slowly Getting Back To Genealogy

Well, I have not been keeping up on this blog like I should. I was really busy with my genealogy work before Christmas since I wanted to give my mom and grandmother something as a gift. I managed to give them a book with 4 different branches of the family history but I didn't get to put any pictures in it since I didn't have time to organize what I got from my grandmother.

I gave the books to my mom and grandmother on Christmas day and asked them to look it over and add any info they thought it needed (which I know is still a lot). I believe what I'm going to do for the pictures is just get copies of them and put them into envelopes and put them into the pockets of the 3 ring books with them labeled on the back. It will be much easier to do it this way than to try to organize the pictures on my print shop program with several pictures on one page.

The most enjoyable part of doing this project was meeting the new relatives I found through the surname forums online. All the new cousins I found had a lot of very helpful and valuable information that I would have never known about and neither would my family. I encluded copies of some of the emails I received in the back of the book so they would know I got a lot of help with this project.

My grandmother was very helpful with the pictures she let me get too. I took my new Nikon Coolpix camera that Chip got me as an early Christmas gift and took pictures of the pictures that she had which worked out pretty good. I'll post some of the pics I got from her here:





















I really love all these great old pictures my grandmother had. She had a lot more that I really need to get too. Well that's it for right now. I'll be posting more about my family book and how I put it together later.

1 comment:

Nochipra said...

Forgot to label the pics

Pic 1: My great great grandmother

Pic 2: My great grandfather

Pic 3: My great great grandparents family. My great grandmother is on the far R in the white dress.

Pic 4: My grandfather's sister

Pic 5: My grandfather and his brother

Pic 6: My great grandmother and great aunt

Pic 7: My mom as a school girl

Pic 8: My grandparents when dating and after yrs of marriage

Pic 9: My great grandmother and her sisters

Pic 10: My uncles as kids